Wednesday, October 21

Starting to recap the trip....

The beach
This is from my point and shoot and then edited

A photo of a gorgeous painting outside our room

Our first stop was Goa. Goa is known for beautiful beaches! So, we were very surprised and disappointed when it was raining a.k.a "monsooning" when we arrived there. Yes, monsoon season was supposed to be over.. oppps.

As I posted before we changed hotels due to the rain. We were thinking we would have been able to spend days soaking up the sun and shopping.

The hotel we stayed at was great, it was really pretty and made for an easier adjustment being in India.

It was so wonderful to be together and hang out- those skype calls just weren't cutting it :D

We got some spa treatments, which were heavenly. I had always wanted to spend a day at the spa and the last place I thought I would do it would be in India.

Here were some things we enjoyed

*Swimming in the outdoor pool- going down a slide and playing some pool volleyball (which I was horrible at)
*Seeing the Arabian Sea
*Haggling with some locals for some jewelry, which was way overpriced
*Buying my first set of gifts at one of the stores in the hotel along with being told we were their favorite customers and they would give me a good price on a cashmere rug, as a present for my husband,because they just knew he would like it haha
*The dance club- we had one fun drink while dancing a bit and watching some young kids go to town on the dance floor
*Learning a few Hindi words
*Laughing a lot

I was very surprised at how well we were treated by the staff. It reminded me of being in Mexico on our honeymoon at our resort. I am not sure if it's a culture thing, or because you are very wealthy according to their standards. Little did I know this would start to weigh on me by the end , more to come on that later.

I will be posting more and more about the trip in detail and then will be back to normal life posts

3 comments:

Erika said...

Can I go with you next time?? hahaha :) It looks and sounds like you had an amazing trip!!! :) So glad you got to do it!!

Mom X Dad said...

I just watched the music video and I got a tear in my eye too. The poverty of this world is so overwhelming.

God bless you Rachel

Dad

Anonymous said...

Yes - it is fun to refect now that we have had some time to recover. It was the biggest culture shock I have ever had. Goa was a softer version of Inida than the rest. Glad we got to pamper ourselves. Thanks Rach. Love you, Yvonne

Archive

Followers