It was quite the emotional day- I have never been or watched such an intense game. The intensity never stopped, it was a constant battle of emotions. I was upset, scared, hopeful, angry, excited, worried, uneasy, tired and then elated, extatic and ultimately relieved and proud!
It was quite the experience being at the game rather than watching it at home, Thanks Tom Farley! We were at the end zone away from most of the action, but it was still wonderful. When DJK ran for his long TD we couldn't tell what was happening, but everyone was excited so we knew we scored. There is something so great about being surrounded by people who are as involved in the Hawks as you are- something about being able to see the players in person- something about high-fiving strangers that makes me love football more and more.
We could not stop screaming and jumping up and down once we knew we would win. I still have a sore throat, I just hope it's from the game and not from some sickness.
After the game we met up with my friend Amanda, huge huge Hawk fan! Her boyfriend Joel works in the press box and so she took us up there and on a tour. It was really neat to see where all the behind the scenes things go on. I did pray while touching the door to the reviewing room. It is a beautiful place and it was really cool for both of us.
It will be a crazy next three weeks, but I am excited to keep cheering loud.
I found this video on YouTube and it's pretty cool. Check it out.
Oh and the India posts are over. Give me a call or e-mail if you want to know more about the trip.
Have a great week!
2 comments:
I like how every time I come to your blog their is a new background:)
Good job with the font.
GO HAWKS!!
That's cool you guys went to last week's game! We'll be there this week and cheering loud! I'm really excited to go. :)
Post a Comment