I have a few things I want to share.
First of all, here is a song that is quite dear to my heart. Yvonne and I watched this video after we had seen Old Delhi. I cried watching it and I think the words sum up some of what I was feeling/am still feeling. India was almost too hard for me to handle- I wanted to bring as much as I could to the table. I really felt like God whispered to my heart that my smiles were enough of a blessing for now. That made me fell better :) So, please watch the video and enjoy the blessing that Sarah gave to those in the world whom have nothing.
Video and Lyrics
You're not alone in this story's pages
Night has fallen amongst the living and the dying
And I try to hold it in, yeah I try to hold it in
Chorus
The world's on fire and
It's more than I can handle
I'll tap into the water
I try to pull my ship
I try to bring more
More than I can handle
Bring it to the table
Bring what I am able
I watch the heavens and I find a calling
Something I can do to change this moment
Stay close to me while the sky is falling
Don't wanna be left alone, don't wanna be alone
Hearts break, hearts mend
Love still hurts
Visions clash, planes crash
Still there's talk of
Saving souls, still the cold
Is closing in on us
We part the veil on our killer sun
Stray from the straight line on this short run
The more we take, the less we become
A fortune of one that means less for some
As I said before India was a mix of just about every emotion possible. I was joyful, sad, upset, angry, confused, happy, excited, sad, satisfied, torn, scared, thrilled,nervous, uneasy, overwhelmed, surprised, fulfilled, devastated and more. It's hard to know how to share it all and what the best way to organize the posts is, but I will do my best. I will have a post about each place that we went within India and the experiences there.
3 comments:
THis is great!..and I am blown away by the beauty you captured in your photos. I am loving the elephants close up and the babywearing lady. what an amazing adventure, I am sure it was soo good to see Nicole too! :0)
Wow, I really was touched by that video. I reminds me of Matthew 25:40 (NIV)"... whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'
I struggle with how to "do" for the least of these when I see such need, I really appreciate you sharing your processing of your trip. It moves me to give and pray for people.
Thank you.
It was so awesome to share this with you. I love your compassionate heart. Yvonne
Post a Comment