Wednesday, July 6

A quote about sin

So, it's been forever since I blogged. So sorry to all of my fans who have been waiting for an update :)

I NEED to post about being DEBT FREE, but I haven't worked on the post yet (obviously)

This Sunday we went to Veritas in Iowa City (visiting family). It's a sister church to our home church Westwind. We really liked it and the message and worship were amazing and just what I needed to hear. 

It was on Joshua 7 and he talked a lot about sin. He talked about how when we sin we are literally "preferring" something over Jesus and that we are either following Jesus or Satan. The message was a new twist on sin and it was really neat to hear it talked about in that way. 

I was very touched by the worship as well and my favorite lines from one of the (original)  songs we sang was "in your arms there is no fear." It was absolutely perfect for me to hear and especially since we have no idea where God is going to lead us next. 

Sigh.... I am so thankful for the way He speaks to us and comforts is in His presence. What a beautiful thing it is to follow Him!

This quote was written for me. Seriously, if I think about sin this way it makes so much sense in my brain and this is where I utterly fail! 

With that, here is the reason that I even decided to post. :)


       
Sin is not merely                                  
     infraction
           the breaking of rules 
But is
     estrangement
           the breaking of relationship 

-Pastor Mark Arant 

4 comments:

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

hmmm...good stuff Rachie. Love it! Isn't it fun that you guys, Matt and Amy and us are all going to sister churches right now?! And we're going through Joshua right now too...lovely!

Matt and Amy Farley said...

Love it! :)

Kelli B said...

That last part of the post hit home. Infraction vs. estrangement. Do we really think about sin in that way? Not all the time, at least not for me. Today, that hit me.

Thanks Rach. I MISS YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!! I feel grateful to have a new baby, but sad to be so separated from our friends. Reminding myself almost daily that this is just a season, and we'll get into our groove eventually. EVENTUALLY!

Loving you from afar,

Kelli

Tommy Schorer said...

You were at Veritas?!? I love Veritas. I was obviously back in Urbandale...it would have been cool to see you guys there. I listened to the message Mark taught the other day while I was working out, and it was the focus of our Bible study on Wednesday night. I've really been blessed to be a part of Veritas and hear awesome messages like this one! And that song you referenced is one of my favorites. When I get a copy of their CD I can get you the song if you'd like. I'm glad you enjoyed it, and that the Lord is working in unique ways to remind you of His love and grace!

Archive

Followers