Friday, June 24

Anniversary Trip

I have been married to the love of my life & best friend for 4 years. I love him more now than the day I said 'I do' and I couldn't have asked God for a better mate. Honestly, we fit together so well!

Thank you Lord for knowing us so deeply!! 

I love you Brian Farley and I am so incredibly thankful for the husband that you are to me! You have walked with me through joy, sorrow, fun times, hard times and you support me like no one else. Thank you for being incredible. I love that I have you until forever! Xo Xo Xo



We love to celebrate our anniversaries in big ways (ok maybe it’s me who really likes it and my wonderful husband always jumps on board). Thanks honey J This year we decided to actually leave town (in the past we’ve celebrated in DSM). Our original thought was Vegas and then we thought New York, but then we settled on Kansas City so we could really save for our debt pay off trip in the early fall!

I said over and over while we were on our trip “this is fabulous and I am so glad we came here!”

Wednesday
We meet up and drove down to K.C. late afternoon and pulled into our hotel around 6:30. The husband got an amazing priceline deal for $70 a night at the Embassy Suites by the Plaza. The staff was awesome and we were really happy with the hotel overall. We were super pleased with our room and immediately said that we should stay at the Embassy Suites both nights.
            BACKSTORY HERE
                                                      I LOVE swanky hotels! I especially love swanky hotels when we are celebrating something special and especially something romantic. SO, we had booked one night at the Embassy Suites and one night at the RAPHAEL . 
We totally made the right choice and saved lots of money!

We got settled, had fun at the reception that the hotel offers and then went to dinner at the hotels restaurant. Steak for me and a burger for Brian. Very good!

Then we went swimming and it was so much fun! Except the door to the woman's bathroom got stuck so I was locked in there.... I pounded on the door and the only other person in the pool area with us was a man, and he was in the steam room (those things are crazy btw!). He heard me pounding and came and opened the door, looked at me like I was crazy and went back to steaming. Awkward...


The nice hotel workers gave us a free movie pass so we watched The Adjustment Bureau . Not too bad of a movie.

Thursday

Unfortunately, I had a pretty bad spout of seizures (see this post) so I didn't feel good at all on Thursday (our anniversary). It was such a bummer!

But, we ended up having a great day!
Here is what we did
*Breakfast
*Rested and got read
*Lunch @P.F. Changs
*Shopping
       Thank you GAP for having such good sales!!
*Rested
*Got ready for dinner
*Dinner  @Cheesecake Factory on the Plaza (we originally wanted to go somewhere really nice, but since I didn't feel good we decided to stick to something familiar to us and not so $$$$)
*Watched our wedding video while I cried b.c. it was such a great day
*Slept through a thunderstorm!!

Friday
*Slept in
*Got packed up
*Drove to Oceans of Fun
*Had a BLAST b.c the park was not busy at all and we just LOVE being together
         It was like we were kids again and I just love any time that I get with Brian when he is really having a lot of fun. It's pretty awesome!
*Had an awesome drive home

Thank you honey for an amazing weekend! I love you so much and am so very glad I get to be called your wife. I am so lucky to have you as my husband and I can't wait to keep living life together.

PHOTOS

 Driving by where we got married


 Singing on the way down :)



 Movie and Swimming


 P.F. Changs

 Awkward Fortunes.....



 Rainy shopping day





 Dinner!!









 Watching our video





 Oceans of Fun


 We forgot a towel so we bought one :)


 Longest wait for Steak & Shake!!



 But SO good!

IPod on shuffle :)


 Fireworks!!!



 More shuffle
For you daddy!! LOVE THIS!
 For Sarah Wood and Samantha Gass
 Tears my lovely friends :) LOVE YOU BRIDES!!

Some marriage wisdom....

Brian's Video


My Video



Love you Brian!!!
XoXo

3 comments:

Matt and Amy Farley said...

LOVE IT! And that pink dress is adorable. Good trip you two!

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

YAY! Congrats, you old married couple. :) So glad you're married and in our lives...love you!

kristen said...

LOVE this!!!! You guys are so adorable and it looked like so much fun! And I especially love the song choices, keep rockin the Ace of Base and Backstreet!

Archive

Followers