Christmas music is very dear to my heart. Christmas music about Jesus that is. No Santa Claus is Comin' to Town for this girl!
I find the music very sweet and worshipful.
I love that my savior came as a sweet little baby boy, but yet had all of the power in the world.
So, this Christmas season I am dedicating some posts to some of my favorite Christmas songs.
Here are the lyrics to
O Holy Night.
The words in bold are those that I love the most.
O Holy Night! The stars are brightly shining,
It is the night of the dear Savior's birth.
Long lay the world in sin and error pining.
Till He appeared and the Spirit felt its worth.
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices,
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.
Fall on your knees! Oh, hear the angel voices!
O night divine, the night when Christ was born;
O night, O Holy Night , O night divine!
O night, O Holy Night , O night divine!
Led by the light of faith serenely beaming,
With glowing hearts by His cradle we stand.
O'er the world a star is sweetly gleaming,
Now come the wisemen from out of the Orient land.
The King of kings lay thus lowly manger;
In all our trials born to be our friends.
He knows our need, our weakness is no stranger,
Behold your King! Before him lowly bend!
Behold your King! Before him lowly bend!
Truly He taught us to love one another,
His law is love and His gospel is peace.
Chains he shall break, for the slave is our brother.
And in his name all oppression shall cease.
Sweet hymns of joy in grateful chorus raise we,
With all our hearts we praise His holy name.
Christ is the Lord! Then ever, ever praise we,
His power and glory ever more proclaim!
His power and glory ever more proclaim!
I encourage you to really listen to words of these songs this season.
Let them touch your heart and encourage you.
Our sweet Jesus came as a small and precious baby, but he changed this world.
He gave us freedom and grace and life abundantly.
I am beyond grateful that I know him in an intimate and solid way.
This song speaks so much truth to my heart and I love it!
Josh Groban does a pretty nice job of singing it here
Or you can go the boy band route and have some N'Sync, it's not too bad and I totally still have their Christmas CD listen here
I love these Celtic beauties here
Go enjoy a glass of something warm and cuddle up with a warm blanket and a honey if you have them
May you be blessed my dear friends.
2 comments:
Above and beyond all else, this is my favorite Christmas song. Ever. I always cry when listening/singing this song. Always. So powerful.
I have to agree, this is my very favorite Christmas song! Beautiful!
Post a Comment