Monday, October 5

At Chris & Nicole's

We are here and we are loving it!! Pictures and video to come soon!!


Today we, everyone but Chris, went to their school! We had lunch, had a tour and watched Nicole in teacher mode for two classes. It was such an experience. I have video and will post it soon.

After school we went to the Bazaar and got so much stuff!! I love it here :)

We got material for saris and Salwar suits. I can not wait to see them! We got measured and we will have them made by Thursday. The fabric is unreal and completely gorgeous. I have video of that as well.

I also got a drawing of an elephant, earrings,scarves, shawls, leg warmers and gifts... and chips and coke.

We ate at a nice place and had some good garlic chicken and bread.

We took a taxi back and showed C all of our stuff and it felt like Christmas. I think there were 15 scarves/shawl purchases.

We lazed around, watched Survivor and had an awesome talk.

I miss all of you back home and can't wait to share my trip with you.

On a side note it's been really hard to photograph while here. I am comparing this trip to my trip to the Dominican, where my purpose was to photograph, and it's so tough. I am so torn all the time. I want to embrace India completely and not worry about making photos, yet I want to capture India. So, I decided that when in town I am going to be there either to shop or to photograph. This is very tough and I hope that I can still get some great photos.

That's all for now friends.

Lots of love from India!!!

5 comments:

Liz said...

Sounds like a great day! Gotta love shopping, especially when you get lots for cheap! We miss you too! Keep having fun!!

Mom X Dad said...

Lots of love from Iowa! We are back home, had a great trip.

We are thrilled that things are going so well! I agree with Liz... gotta love shopping! Your dad just read in his book that back in 1791 England got their fabric from India because it was so good.It will be fun to see all your purchases.

Great idea about the photography. You will create a wonderful photo journal of the trip.

I was wondering about the food. So happy you can have COKE!

We love you, miss you, and are praying for you. Hello to C, N, and Y. Keep enjoying each day that our Lord has made. Thanks SO MUCH for the wonderful writing!

Mom

Brian said...

Thanks for the update sweet heart. Glad you had fun shopping. I am excited to see your stuff. I love you and am so happy you are having fun. Keep it up! Tell everyone hi!

Randy & Liz said...

Rachel~ I'm glad you are so in love with India! You sound like you're on cloud nine and having a fabulous time! The shopping sounds amazing :)

I completely agree with you about either shopping or photographing. I struggled with the same thing during our honeymoon. I wanted the time to be about us, not me and the camera. You see more when the camera is at home and it's definitely not as stressful trying to balance both. I'm sure all your images are just wonderful and I know you won't be disappointed when you get home.

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! Thanks for updating!!

Kelli B said...

I'm enjoying your updates, Rach. Thanks for blogging while you're there. I'm sure you are having a great time together with Chris and Nicole - I'm so grateful for the way this trip will bless you all!

Cant wait to hear more you're learning!

Archive

Followers