Monday, June 22

________ Kill More People Than Sharks


Soda machines and lightening kill more people than sharks do. The chance of drowning is 1000 times greater than getting attacked by a shark.

Our experience was an experience!
It was so windy!

Wind+Water= Big Waves
Big Waves+Small Boat=Rough Boat Ride
Rough Boat Ride+Iowans= 5 out of 7 people getting sick
Guess who didn't?

But seeing sharks up close was worth it. It was absolutely amazing. God created some very cool animals. They were just gorgeous! There were four to five around the cage at a time. Everyone but Liz, she felt really sea sick, got in the cage all at once.

Due to the rough water it was very hard to take photos of the sharks and to stay in one spot in the cage.

They came right up to us and it was just awesome. If you ever have the option to do this please do, rough water or not.

Here are some of the photos. There is also a 45 second video of the ride out, which was half of the fun! If you have a weak stomach you might not want to watch it. There are more videos but just one up for now. Let me know if you want to see more of the ride and the cage.

Mahalo for reading!








Off to do some shopping and get lunch. Pictures of the land and the house to come this evening.

Aloha!

7 comments:

Mike and Lianne said...

Looks like you guys had fun and nausea mixed together, but seems to have been predominately fun. I am jeli. Enjoy Hawaii! -Mike

Rebekah said...

Oh man this video brings back memories...Every time I have ever gone scuba diving I've thrown up the whole way "out". But once in the water surrounded by Gods amazing underwater creation, I decide that the puking is definitely worth it! I love Sharks too....I think they are beautiful, but creepy. I can't help but think of Jaws every time I seen one. So cliche but oh well! Glad you are enjoying every minute of the trip!

STEPHANIE. said...

YOU GUYS ARE FREAKIN AWESOME!!...and very BRAVE! Thad is a little jealous...I would rather jump off the highest cliff in the world, but you could never get me to get in the water with sharks. :)

Erika said...

So I have to tell you that even seeing these pictures gives me goosebumps because I'm terrified of sharks however it does look like a lot of fun :) Hope you're having an INCREDIBLE time in Hawaii! I'm jealous!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow - looks fun but scary. Not sure I'd want to try but its fun to see your pictures. so glad you are having fun! Love you, Yvonne

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

HOW FUN!!!!! I love that you're posting as you go, yay! I'm glad you didn't get sick...but sad everyone else did. :)

TheFrazers said...

Ummm. I would rather die than swim with sharks...even if I was surrounded by a steel cage. You are brave!

Archive

Followers