Brian and I ventured to Walgreens tonight to buy MORE :D medicine- cold to be exact. I walked by the cards and thought it would be nice to take a card to Yvonne and Tom tomorrow. I was heartbroken and amazed at all the "Easter" cards, there were so many. Why I was so upset about it was because there were just a few marked Religious. Ummm... Hallmark I don't know if you got the message but Easter IS about Jesus and NOT about bunnies and eggs. I just hate how this world has turned everything upside down and into what it is.
I am going to start my own card and candy company :D
Here come the Jesus Peeps, The Chocolate Crosses, Stone Shaped Gum, A Candy Crown of Thorns... OK I am going to far.
But really people bunny and eggs?! Couldn't we have made it at least somewhat relevant?
I really don't know how to spill my heart.
So, I will leave you with this
1 Peter 2:24 (KJV)
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
Thank you Jesus for saving us and giving us life and freedom.
Thank you for allowing us to know you in a deep and personal way.
Thank you for dying for my sins that I may meet you one day- thank you for not making it about works, but for grace!
I pray that Easter is a time of rejoicing for you. Also, I pray that what we "celebrate" today is something that you think about daily. It is the most important thing that Jesus did- why only "celebrate" it one day?
Enough rambling from me :D
But, really would anyone buy a Jesus peep?!
2 comments:
Rach- Please pass all business ideas by me before publishing the amazing "Jesus Peeps" idea to the world! I would buy them.
You mean the Easter Bunny isn't real?? Thanks for the update!
Haha!
Yeah for Jesus!! But, I really don't feel like eating him in the form of a sugared covered marshmallow. Maybe if he was chocolate....
Post a Comment