Sunday, April 19

Golf Clubs and Meatloaf

I told Brian that because I did so well in my bracket that I deserved a prize. :D He listened! I got the Final Four right and was ranked 631st on ESPN. So, Brian said I could buy golf shoes. I looked and just could not find any that I liked that were not $$$$. I decided that I would rather have my clubs re-gripped. My wonderful hubby agreed to it and we re-gripped them ourselves. Brian did most of the work. I love them and am so pumped to go play.

Hard at work.

Yeah for husbands.

Love them!

They are really soft and so comfortable. They are great, and hey they are pink!
It was a nice "cheep" way to upgrade mommy's old clubs. Thanks mom and dad and of course Brian!
Meatloaf Recipe

1 lb. Ground Beef- The more fat the better in my opinion- I use 85%
1/2 Package Dry Onion Soup Mix
1 Small Can Evaporated Milk

Mis together, it will be very moist. Shape into loaf and place in pan.

I love the sauce that this makes. I usually do it x3. I spread it all over the loaf on the tops and sides.

Sauce
2 T. Brown Sugar
2 T. Ketchup
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard

Mix sauce together and spread on meatloaf.
Bake at 350 for 45 min to an hour.

Mashed Potatoes

Russet Potatoes- I use about 1 per person + some for leftovers is desired
Peel potatoes- cut into fourths and place in a pan with water, enough water to cover the potatoes and cover with lid.
Once your water is boiling turn the heat down to low and set a timer for 12 min. Once the timer goes off they should be done. Stick a fork into a few of them to make sure they are fork tender.
Drain and put back in the pan while you gather your other ingredients.

Place potatoes in mixer and mix on low for 30 sec. Add desired amount of garlic powder, softened butter and sour cream- Mix together on med-high until they are no longer really lumpy. Add milk if needed. Season to taste.

Hope you enjoy! Let me know if you have ?s and if you make it how it turns out.


4 comments:

STEPHANIE. said...

love the pink clubs!!!!

Mom X Dad said...

Hi ya Pinky!
I haven't read your blog for tooo long! You have such fun stuff on it! I love how you express yourself!!! You make me laugh, and I love to laugh. You make me think about important things, and I love to think about important things. When you're not feeling well you make me almost cry, I hope that does not happen often. I just love you so much. I'm very proud of you! You sure did catch a neat husband - he makes you look good!! I love the pink grips - the cooking video, and the snorkel picture! Hope you get to feeling better. Love Daddy - O

Rebekah said...

Oh my goodness...Pink golf clubs??? I love it! Actually my first set of golf clubs were pink too! Pink..it's a girl thang'

The Chidisters said...

Hey Rachel! I made your meatloaf and mashed potatoed tonight. Both were fabulous and we ate late so we were super hungry and it tasted SO good. The meatloaf was so easy to put together and I didn't do your potatoes exactly the same since I was in the middle of doing some things in Abbie's room at the same time but they turned out good too. I asked Peter if he liked this meatloaf better than the one I currently made (which has a bagiliion ingredients.) He said yes but that he would like me to add some eggs and cracker crumbs since he likes the texture that those thing bring to a meatloaf. We really liked the french onion soup mix in it though. The sauce was great too! Anyway, thanks for the great and easy meal - we loved it!

Archive

Followers