Sunday, March 8

Never Let Go

Worship touches my heart. It is one of my favorite things in this entire world. A few lines really stuck out at me today at church and I thought: I have to blog about this.

So here it goes....

Oh No You Never Let Go
Through The Calm
And Through The Storm
Oh No You Never Let Go, Lord You Never Let Go Of Me

I have heard and sang this song many times, but never really let the words touch my heart.

I am so glad that we serve a God who holds us. He holds us- I love the picture of that.
I was thinking, of course he holds us in the storm- that's when we need it the most- but he holds us in the calm too. When everything is going great, he still chooses to hold us. He isn't just there for us when times are bad. I also became incredibly thankful for my relationship with my Jesus. I am not one to go to him when I am only in the storm, I go to him in the calm too- oh how far I have come- Praise Jesus!

So, as you read this no matter if you are in the calm or in the storm- he is there and he won't let go. I get the image of holding a baby and just savoring every moment with them, not wanting to let go because I just want to be with them. I think that's how it is with Jesus, except he doesn't have to let go.

May you enjoy being held by our sweet Lord! Take hold of him if you are in the storm and cling to his side for your life because he is the only one who can hold you up. If there is no storm, rest in the presence of our Almighty God.

Blessings!

2 comments:

STEPHANIE. said...

I love this post...and the funny thing is that this song was in my head today, I have been singing it all day, but after reading your post was the first time I actually dwelled on the words. thank you. :)

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I love your blog. So glad I ran across it in my blog reading. I especially love your blog header...very unique

I am new to the blog world and have so much to learn.

When you have some time, stop by for a visit!

Teresa

Archive

Followers