Sunday, January 18

Chicago Part 2

This is from the way up, but we really really do not like tolls- lets cross our fingers Iowa doesn't start this. The car ride wasn't really too bad. The ipod gave us entertainment.

So onto the real part of the trip.......

Pizza with family! It was far too cold to try and get a fancy one.

What trip to Chicago isn't complete without a trip here. I just wish they had this when I was a kid- but I am sure Tom was happy for his wallets sake.
We did do other shopping! American Eagle and Gap had great sales and made me one happy lady

I found my self!
Brian even had fun!The doll I had as a kid. I could not find her in the store anywhere though. I was hoping to buy a new dress ;)

A fun restaurant where the waiters are not so kind. It was entertaining. Apparently our waiter thought I was funny looking or something, but then his name was Biscuits so who knows.


We loved our hotel. It was so nice and the people treated us so well. Note to self... Stay in nice hotels more often.




Fun chair in hotel- complete with my new tops and hotel slippers.


Narrated by David S. from friends.
Chicago was cold! Especially when you are 97 stories up! Yes, we were outside. They have a screened in area.

Crazy Window Washers


Who would have guessed

We just loved our weekend away! It was a blessing to be able to spend so much time together and have a break.

So... in a nutshell

Wicked was absolutely amazing
Shopping was great and I got nice new clothes for a great price
Our hotel was swanky :D
We rode in a lot of taxis all while paying a lot to have our car sit in a parking garage
Chicago is cold and busy and not so great in the winter
Museums are entertaining
It's ok to lay around in your hotel room and watch tv while on vacation


Last but not least
I am so happy to be married to my best friend and the love of my life!

1 comment:

Mom X Dad said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. We are so happy you were able to go together and enjoy each other, you love birds!

Archive

Followers