Tonight we went to WinterJam, a Christian concert tour, a Vets Auditorium in DSM.
I only wish I had something in my brain that could blog my thoughts and emotions :D
I was sitting in my seat thinking of all the times I have been to Vets, they are as follows
D.C. Talk when I was in Jr. High
State Wrestling in High School
N'SYNC in High School
State Basketball in High School
As I was recalling where I was in my relationship with Christ in all these past events I was in awe. I have come from being chained to the world and to myself, unable to let myself surrender to Christ's freedom and grace to a woman who has a personal intimate relationship with Jesus, and who can not imagine life any other way. I feel as if I have come full circle and this was just the beginning.
Being tied down by the desire to be like the world for a good portion of my life, I take much joy in the freedom I have with Christ. One of the girls from Barlow Girl said something like once we believe in Jesus our chains are set free, but it's our choice to step out of them and live in his freedom. This was totally how it was for me, I stood for a long time in my unlocked chains.
After hearing this I was thinking about my past and how many different stages I have been in with Christ, especially again recalling the times in my life that I was at Vets. The group NewSong, who I am not a big fan of, came up and I sang when they worshiped but then sat down. I was in my own little world and then these lyrics in the song said- hello Rachel this is for you! "Arise my love, Arise my love the "world" no longer has a hold on you" It brings me such joy to know that I am free and that Jesus will call me his love. Arise is such a neat word to me, stand up and live.
The Afters were up next and were talking about how people may tell us that they no longer love us, but that Jesus will never tell us "I don't love you anymore."
Last but not least, TobyMac. I am a fan of Toby and his great song that says "I don't want to gain the whole world and loose my soul" helped afirm my decision to quit the Register and now I could not imagine a better job.
Well if you got through that, bless you. Let me know your thougths please, I am thinking that I want to do this more often and would love some opinions.
So, here is to walking in the freedom of Christ and how far he has brought me. Thank you Lord for bringing me full circle.
I only wish I had something in my brain that could blog my thoughts and emotions :D
I was sitting in my seat thinking of all the times I have been to Vets, they are as follows
D.C. Talk when I was in Jr. High
State Wrestling in High School
N'SYNC in High School
State Basketball in High School
As I was recalling where I was in my relationship with Christ in all these past events I was in awe. I have come from being chained to the world and to myself, unable to let myself surrender to Christ's freedom and grace to a woman who has a personal intimate relationship with Jesus, and who can not imagine life any other way. I feel as if I have come full circle and this was just the beginning.
Being tied down by the desire to be like the world for a good portion of my life, I take much joy in the freedom I have with Christ. One of the girls from Barlow Girl said something like once we believe in Jesus our chains are set free, but it's our choice to step out of them and live in his freedom. This was totally how it was for me, I stood for a long time in my unlocked chains.
After hearing this I was thinking about my past and how many different stages I have been in with Christ, especially again recalling the times in my life that I was at Vets. The group NewSong, who I am not a big fan of, came up and I sang when they worshiped but then sat down. I was in my own little world and then these lyrics in the song said- hello Rachel this is for you! "Arise my love, Arise my love the "world" no longer has a hold on you" It brings me such joy to know that I am free and that Jesus will call me his love. Arise is such a neat word to me, stand up and live.
The Afters were up next and were talking about how people may tell us that they no longer love us, but that Jesus will never tell us "I don't love you anymore."
Last but not least, TobyMac. I am a fan of Toby and his great song that says "I don't want to gain the whole world and loose my soul" helped afirm my decision to quit the Register and now I could not imagine a better job.
Well if you got through that, bless you. Let me know your thougths please, I am thinking that I want to do this more often and would love some opinions.
So, here is to walking in the freedom of Christ and how far he has brought me. Thank you Lord for bringing me full circle.
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing that Rachel. It was very encouraging to me and neat to see how the Lord has worked in your life. Glad you enjoyed the concert. God bless!
Awesome to hear...Hearing thoughts like this brighten my day...:)
p.s.-Chicago looks like it was fun.:)
Post a Comment