Monday, October 3

Why I Get Weepy at Weddings


Before I was engaged, it was because I wanted to be the bride. I wanted to walk down with a tear stained face, with my daddy at my side, to my one true love. I wanted to wear a pretty dress and have all eyes on me. I imagined the friends I would have by my side, what my dress would look like, the music I would have. I would dream. Dream of the day that it would actually be me. I wept because I was so happy for them, and because I longed for it to be my turn.

When I was engaged, it was because I knew that when I looked down at my finger, it meant that it was soon going to be my turn. I would get to walk to Brian, my one true love, with my daddy by my side. I knew I would have a tear stained face, what my dress looked like, what friends would stand by my side and I didn't have to dream anymore. I would plan what music I wanted and thought about how our ceremony could best glorify the Lord. I wept because I was so happy for them, and I knew what love was. I could now understand what they were feeling and vowing to each other and I could not wait to stand there and do the same thing.


After I was married, it was because I remembered the feelings I had all over again. I knew what it was like to walk down the aisle, daddy by my side, walking to my one true love with a tear stained face. My heart floods with joy and my eyes brim over with tears. I see the love they have for each other, and I have the same love for my groom. I sit there pretending it's me up there repeating the vows to Brian, and I feel refreshed. I weep because I am so happy for them and the new season of life they are entering. My heart is full. I fall more in love with my husband. I weep because I witness someone dear to me commit their lives to the ones that matter most, Jesus and their one true love.

I also weep because we are called the bride of Christ. We are His, forever. He will never leave us. He will always love us. He claims us as His. Forever.

I read THIS today, and it made me want to blog. She has an amazing writing voice, so please read what she has to say. The end is fabulous.



 Here are where tears were shed

Before I was married 
Mike & Lianne Farley 

Chris & Nicole Farley 

No picture with the bride & groom but this was
Jason & Bekah Neff


When I was engaged 
I don't know where her pictures are :(
Luke & Kristen Prosser 
                                                       
                                                   Brett & Alicia Buchholtz 
 My Wedding

Cute huh?! :)













Liz & Randy Boughton
















After I was married
                                    
Angela & Lane Thayer


Liz & Derek Mueller 



Nick & Meredith Meyer


Jeff & Katie Backlin 


Sarah & Jason Wood


Matt & Amy Farley 

                                              
Sam & Derek Martin

Reed & Sarah Stratton





I love weddings. I love my family & friends. I love my husband. 
    and I am overwhelmed that I am the bride of Christ. That makes me heart skip a beat. 

♥
  

5 comments:

Meredith said...

OMG - I made the blog! :) haha. I always thought I'd be less of a cryer at weddings after I was married - but it's just worse now that I know what it's actually like to be the bride and even better - be married.

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

Love it!!!!

Brian said...

Sweet heart - great post. I am so blessed to have you as my bride! Thank you for walking to me and for being an awesome wife! I love you and your heart!

Angela Thayer said...

Such a fun post!! Thanks for including me :)

Anonymous said...

I'm a crier too!!! Love weddings :)

Archive

Followers