Friday, August 5

The Help

The Help by Katryn Stockett is the talk of the town :)


    No really, people are loving this book (I sure did). You may have seen previews for it if you've been to the movies lately. (It comes out Aug. 10 and looks fabulous! )
 
I stink at writing "reviews" or "a synopsis"
but... I will do  my best! 


The Help by Katryn Stockett
A fabulous novel about life in Mississippi during the early 60s. It follows the lives of three very incredible ladies. Read about the lives of Minny, Aibileen and Skeeter. Sit, with a cup of coffee in hand, and fall in love with these woman! Minny & Aibileen serve as "the help" in white homes, while Skeeter is an aspiring writer that doesn't quite see eye-to-eye with her prissy friends. See how their lives intertwine  as they come together to show what life is really like being one of the help. It' s a book about love, hate, history, growth, tough times and will make you laugh and cry.
                                                                                                                          (or punch someone)


___________________________________

Please do yourself a favor and read it! 
(You might have to buy it b.c. as far as I know there is a long hold on them at the libraries)

I finished it in two days and am very excited to see how the movie is, I can't wait!  

Aren't good books the best thing!??! 

What are your favs? Please comment on this one friends :)

3 comments:

Erika said...

Ooooo, I can't wait to read it!! Yay! I love good books....I'm reading the Anne of Green Gables series again and of course LOVING it :)

There are so many great books but I absolutely love Francine River books and anything by Elisabeth Elliot :) So, those are my faves but I seriously love most books I pick up :)

Sarah said...

This was probably one of my favorite books I have read in a LONG time! I always find it hard to start reading again after I have read a great book, but I think I've found my next read. I am a lover of historical fiction or in this case historical nonfiction (but written like a fiction book). The book I'm reading right now is called "In the Garden of Beasts". It's set during the WWII era in Germany. It's a historical piece on the first year of the American Ambassador living in Germany during Hitler's reign. It's gripping and I learn a ton! The author is Erik Larson who also wrote The Devil in the White City (another favorite of mine). Keep reading Rach and enjoy!!!

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

GOOD ONE!!!!!

Archive

Followers