Friday, March 11

Dreams

I am not one to have dreams really, I just kind of go with the flow and think life will take me where it does. But lately, dreams have been flooding my head. 


These things have been on my heart for a while, but today they just really hit me in a unique way. (I am home with a wicked sore throat, earache and zip energy... and we leave for vacation tomorrow... hoping it gets better overnight...)


Today, this is my dream...


Spend some time overseas or doing something crazy for Jesus. This is just a desire right now. Nothing has been talked about seriously. No worries, we will let you know well in advance if this is going to happen, but it very well could.




Buy a huge old renovated and updated farmhouse

*Lots of pictures, but it helps me get an idea of what life would like like in my brain.*
This shelf would be full of books and our children's framed artwork the cabinets with toys (except when playing hide and seek)

A Charming Country Kitchen
A huge kitchen to cook great meals in and to teach all of our children (boys included) how to survive in the kitchen.
Reading books, drinking lemonade, journaling, napping and talking about life.
  
All Photos courtesy of countryliving.com & bowa.com
The barn and our school
He is reading to her :) There would be multiple reading nooks and we would get lost in our books
A place to relax and for mommy and daddy to keep dreaming.
To wash off all of the mud from playing in the yard
Handmade quilts and pillows ;)
Playing together and with friends


A quaint place to call our own- except maybe in gray.....




vegetable-garden A garden full of onions, peppers, tomatoes, herbs and anything else I can figure out how to plant that will grow into goodness







 

Something like that, but probably a little messier, not as fancy and there would be more children (both ours and adopted-not sure of the number but more than 5- crazy I know) with all different colors of skin running around. 


I dream of a beautiful house full of love, laughter, forgiveness, teaching, learning, making mistakes over and over and then finally learning from them. A house where Jesus is everything and where we are all doing our best to rid ourselves of ourselves so he can live through us. 


I dream of homeschooling them in an awesome community -lately the idea of public school is scaring the heck out of me.. oh the things those kids learn and don't learn... especially at the lunch table.. makes me want to run for the hills when we have kids and live with goats :) Ok.. maybe that's a bad idea....- with friends and family. We would go on adventures, go on field trips, do outreaches, volunteer, teach them what we want them to learn and not making them socially awkward as most people think home schooled kids are. 


Our house would be filled with music, even though I have zip talent. I will still sing with them and learn to play the ukulele and their aunts will teach them how to play piano. 


We will regularly have everyone over for dinners or ice cream nights. Have campfires, roast marshmallows and sleep under the stars ok fall asleep but then go into bed :)


We will ride four wheelers, hunt for worms, play in the rain, take naps outside, do experiments, make concoctions in the kitchen, bake cookies, do every art project possible, sew, knit and read all while figuring out ways to make chores fun.


Jesus will be our drive behind all we do. 

Missions trips or volunteering and giving will be a huge priority. Constantly realizing that we have all we need, but others don't and we can help others live a happier life.


The kids will get to visit the country they were adopted from when they are old enough.


Occasionally Brian and I will travel, see the world and spend time just by ourselves. 


If I really dream big them my love has some sort of company and is able to be home with us a lot. His dream is to own his own business, but we just haven't figured out what that quite is YET. Someday baby! I know you could conquer the world! 


We will do all we can to teach our kids to believe in themselves, that they are good enough, how to handle conflict, how to love, how to live life in a fallen and scary world and so much more. I will utilize all the tools that I have learned to use myself in Christlife for our kids. Hopefully, they will be desire to know Jesus in the way that we do.




Sigh.... 

I really want this.
I mean, I really really want this and I could see ourselves living this life.
I don't want the typical American life anymore. 
I want something different.
I want to be called crazy by some. 
I want to increase the kingdom of God with my family. 
I want to live big and dream big for Jesus. 
My arms have been thrown up to the Lord in sweet surrender and I am willing to let him have anything-
have it all Jesus! 
If this is his desire for us then I am excited for it! But, if not, then I can only imagine what he has in store for us. 

Do your work LORD!!

So.. there you have it folks. 




My dream.


Thanks for reading. Comments are welcomed. 

♥

Oh and Nicole, I hope that you don't feel like I stole your dream. Because deep down it's always been there. You just helped bring it to the surface. Maybe we can be neighbors and share land :) 

That invite to share land and be neighbors is open to all :) and the homeschooling community too!! 

4 comments:

Erika said...

Ummm, these are totally my dreams too :) We are hoping to have short term missions as one of our priorities yet have a house back here that is big enough to house people, have youth group kids over, be used as a ministrial tool. We want land...enough to maybe house two houses to be used for pastors to get away or for our parents to live in someday if they need somewhere to go (or our kids if they need a starter place!) AND, the homeschooling.....totally on my mind! So cool to hear your dreams and I'm excited to see what God does through these dreams :)

Amy LaVonne said...

Love it... can't wait to live our dreams together and maybe even do a massive 'farley family adoption' movement one of these years.

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

STEAL MY DREAM!? NO WAY...you just JUMPED in with me, so now we can be DREAM SISTERS too and LIVE OUR DREAMS together, and I love EVERY SINGLE SECOND of this blog! And I love EVERY SINGLE PART of you!

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

And we should totally buy neighboring acreages, so our kids can walk across the field to aunty Rachel's house. :) Meet halfway? Outside Ankeny?!

Archive

Followers