Well friends, summer is officially come to an end for me. School starts tomorrow and it is quite bittersweet.
My sweet, wonderful, amazing and generous (etc.) husband let me take the summer off and it was amazing. I did do some subbing at Indianola Child Care, but for the most part I was free
:)
Here is what I will miss about Summer...
(beware, it's a pretty long list)
**** Please note: These did not happen everyday****
* Not setting an alarm
* Staying in my p.j.s until noon
* Eating lunch at 2
* The sunshine
| which is much better when shared with friends |
* Random trips to Des Moines
* Getting to baby-sit Caden
* Seeing Caden often (I wish Ben had lived closer earlier)
* Having as long as I want to eat lunch
* Brian being my boss :)
* Boating late into the evening
* Late night ice cream/shaved ice runs with Matt & Brian
* Random evenings with Matt & Brian
| This photo is 3 or 4 years old, but it still gets the point across ;D |
![]() |
* Feeling like a kid with my husband
* Callie :(
* Not having to take vacation/sick days
* Visiting friends
| this wasn't ''summer'' but I saw them in June and there is no photo from then.. so pretend this is in June at a restaurant :D Thank-You |
* Dr.Phil & Oprah inspiring me daily- Just Kidding- Gross
* Having productive days and therefore having evenings free
* Wakeboarding
* Talking to Brian throughout the day
* Being able to do whatever I want- when I want :D
So long summer! I will miss you so much and I might even cry over you tonight in my bed. I can't wait to see you again. You are one of my favorite things and yes, I am now singing that song as I bid you good-bye. So, So Long Farewell :)
I really had no intention of doing that until just now, I promise.



3 comments:
You are going to make me sad seeing a picture of Callie:(
I wish we had all the money in the world to just have fun and do whatever we want, someday:)
Nice recap of your summer - I liked it too that you were free most of the time. It was fun seeing more of you! As for Liz's comment on having all the money in the world - good luck with that! We'll help as best we can toward that goal!
We love you - Dad
Rach - I am so glad you were able to stay home this summer. I will miss talking to you during the day and really miss being your boss! Thank for the all your hard work and all the special things you did for me / us this summer. I am so very blessed by you.
P.S. I will continue working on making millions so that we both don't have to work.
Post a Comment