Call me crazy that I am seriously blogging about tacos. But, I have realized my addiction to them.
It all started when I was a little kid :D I have always loved them. I remember going to Spencer to visit family and always having to stop at Taco Johns once or more, because I loved them so much. Now, I am not such a fan.
I have moved on to the love of the puffy taco shell.
So, as many of you know I love One Stop in Indianola. Sad day though, the building collapsed a few weeks ago! So, no more of those for a while. I got them a lot when I was living at home or when I would go back home.
There is though something just like it in Des Moines. Tasty Tacos, it's been around forever. I remember going with my dad when I was younger. Needless to say, I am in love. The good ol' Concorde hit 160,00 miles and got rewarded with a trip to Tasty Tacos. I have been to all locations except the one by Brian and dad's work- I am thinking we need a lunch date boys!! Brian and I went the other night for dinner and then I went the next day for lunch. I crave them... and no I am not pregnant.
Since I also love to cook I have often wondered how in the world they get those puffy shells. Liz and Derek were over one night and decided to give it a whirl. I made my own and they were surprisingly good, not Tasty Taco or One Stop worthy, but enough to satisfy my craving. I made my own shell, flour-oil-milk and then fried them. Brian shredded the cheese really thin. I was a happy gal! Here is a photo.

I don't think I will ever eat a taco again that doesn't have a puffy shell, at least one from home. No more store bought shells for the Farleys. So, if you see my at Tasty Tacos ask me how many times I have been there the past week.
No comments:
Post a Comment