It just got to be too much for me. With the crazy schedule, lack of equipment, not being around people, missing being with kids, lack of feedback and a lot of stress and pressure I have decided to move on. I never thought this would happen. I thought I would be there until we had kids. But, I just could not do it anymore.
So, I am going to be working at a daycare in West Des Moines with three-year-olds. I am very much looking forward to not working evenings or weekends, a set schedule and being around children. The crazy thing about how I found this position..... I was randomly at the gas station getting something to drink and I saw a woman who I used to work with at Indianola Child Care, she asked how I liked my job and I told her it was OK but I miss kids. She said, well you should send us your stuff. She is a director of a daycare. I said will do! How good is our Lord?! I firmly believe he set that one up :D Hello neon sign I had been praying for.
She won't be my boss, her center is next to mine though. So, I am much looking forward to this new adventure. I will be in the room with another lady and we will be in charge of the little sweet maniacs. We plan field trips, and take them on the short bus, yes I am going to get my bus license. We will also do cirriculum with them, I am excited to be a make shift teacher.
So, I leave the Register Aug 8, leave for Virginia with the Farleys the next day, get back Aug 16 and start the new adventure Aug 18. WoW!
It will be really hard to leave the Reg, but I am still going to freelance with them, I am looking forward to that. It was an amazing experience and it taught me so much.
2 comments:
Wooo! That's so exciting - and even though you won't be at the Register, now you *know* right? And it will only help know what you do and don't like for future photographer positions, I'm sure :) The kids will love you, and I love picturing you driving a bus! Hehehe...
I'm excited to talk "preschool" with you!! Working with kids is so rewarding...I know you'll love it and they will adore you! And, I know that God had you at the Register for a reason...even though it was a short time :)
Post a Comment