Wednesday, May 28

So, it's been a while huh? Lots of stuff going on. So, I am just going to spill.

Last Sunday, May 18 Grandpa Carl passed away. It really was a beautiful sight, his kids by his side, no more hard feelings, no guilt or bitterness, just love. I had to stop and get ice and walked in the room just after he took his last breath. I am hoping that it doesn't haunt me. It was so neat to just be there though. We had spent all day Saturday with him at the VA. There was so much closure and emotional healing that went on that day. So, we are holding memorial services in July, the service will be with his sister-in-law who passed in December.


On a more positive note.. I have an herb garden! Ok, it's really not a garden, but I just call it that :D It's a long pot with four things in it. We have parsley, basil, chives and cilantro. It's super fun to just go outside and get what you need. However, I was quite disappointed when I realized the chives were garlic chives. Who knew? Woops, I just grabbed the wrong ones. I do have to give a huge thanks to my husband who so willingly let me buy these and watched me plant them while laughing at me. It was a sight, I mean I forgot to buy a little shovel and we live on the third floor of our building. So, here I am with the ugliest gloves known to man, a spoon from our kitchen, a bag of dirt and a pot. Mind you the dirt is all over the deck, which means it then falls to the decks below. Oh well, it was so worth it. So, if you would like some pesto or a potato with chives or even some salsa with fresh grown with love cilantro, you know where to come.

I think that might be about it. The only interesting thing in life right now is my herbs. Not really but if I write anymore people are going to get board. So, I will spare you and write more in a little bit. :D Much Love!

4 comments:

STEPHANIE. said...

Yeah for your herb garden...mine is soon to come when we move ina few weeks!!!....I am sorry to hear about your Grandpa, but glad to hear it was a beautiful time.

Erika said...

I came across your blog and it sounds like my life! I have my first vegetable garden now...funny how "grown up" things are fun now! :) And, I'm way into landscaping now...oh, hilarious! So sorry to hear about your grandpa :( Hope you're doing well!

Mom X Dad said...

When I saw your herb garden last week, it was flourishing! I do wish I would have been there to experience the planting! We'll be over for pesto....

Mom X Dad said...

When I saw your herb garden last week, it was flourishing! I do wish I would have been there to experience the planting! We'll be over for pesto....

Archive

Followers