My interview went well, I should know by the end of the day today. We will see if it will deserve a separate post!
We recently discovered how good broiled chicken is. I got an amazing cookbook at one of my showers, and it had broiled chicken in it. We tried it a while back and loved it. So, this past Sunday I decided to make it for dinner with BBQ Sauce. Well.... We live in a condo and the fire alarm is very close to the oven. So when we make this we have to tag team getting the chicken out of the oven, which you have to do a few times. It's pretty amusing. One of us opens the oven and the other grabs the chicken. We go as fast as we can, but more often than not, the fire alarm still goes off. I am just really thankful that our fire alarms are not directly connected to the fire department. I am sure our neighbors think we are crazy! Although, it's a process, the chicken is worth it. So, invite yourself over for broiled chicken and you can see us in our tag team mode.
My poor husband got the flu. No fun. He stayed home from work for 2 days, but is now feeling better. Hooray.
Mike and Lianne are in Iowa! They came over on Thursday evening and spent the night. It was so fun. We went to Granite City for dinner, none of us had been there before, it was so so good! We all had French Onion Soup, which was brought out in 3 different trips, it was amusing. Other than the soup we had a cheeseburger, Salmon, BBQ Chicken Pizza and Top Sirloin. So if you are in Des Moines and looking for good food- try Granite City.
That's about it for now. We are spending Saturday with the Farley's, which I am sure will be worthy of a post.
Thanks for reading!
2 comments:
I love Farleys and I hate the flu! Hope you get good news today!! :)
I am anxious to try some of the chicken! It sounds wonderful. I'll buy the chicken . . . . our smoke alarm is not in the kitchen .....
I am so glad Brian is feeling better. The flu is nasty stuff!
Our Lord has something truly amazing in store for you, Rachel. To us, this job sounds like it could be it.
Have a great weekend with the Fabulous Farley Family! What fun!
Love to you both!
Post a Comment